Special events include a wide variety of activities which include but not limited to:
- Live Film & TV Production
- TV & Movie Premiers
- Red Carpet Events
- Local street fairs
- Local sports venues
- Funeral Processions
- Political Rally
- Grand Prix racing event
MRA dba Raycom have numerous solutions to provide reliable two-way radio communications at these events. Communications for these events will use cellular as an adjunct to two-way radio, but the two-way radio is the primary source of coordinating the events.
When configuring a radio system, one must identify the coverage needs before a system is selected. The following questions need to be answered:
- Is the special event facility larger than an area that can be covered with simplex radios?
- Are there multiple facilities?
- Is there a need to talk between multiple facilities?
- Do personnel roam between facilities and require communications while roaming?
- Is there a need for multiple talk groups?
- Is there a need for personnel to be able to be reached by radio while at home or while traveling around Southern California?
If the answer to any of these questions is maybe or yes, then it may make sense to have a system connected to our Diga-talk network. Our network provides excellent coverage at your manufacturing facility by us installing a network node at your facilities. This will facilitate the following:
- Solid communications within your facility with a Diga-Talk local site
- Solid communications within your other facility with another Diga-Talk site
- Reliable communications between your facilities
- Reliable communications for your personnel while at home in most areas
Unlike cellular devices, it is completely legal to use two-way radios while driving so that you are not subject to fines and liability for use of cellular phones while driving. This allows you to stay in contact with your field personnel, delivery truck fleet or any other personnel who are off site.
Using a cellular phone is not a good solution to the issues presented by the special event industry because of the following:
- The initial cost of smart phones is high and the reliability is low
- Cellular phones often need to be rebooted
- Missed calls end up going to voice mail which significantly delays message throughput
- Cellular phones almost always fail during a major emergency
- Cellular systems become instantly overloaded during a major emergency
- It takes too long to dial, wait for the phone to ring and receive an answer compared to Push-To-Talk with two-way radio.
- Only 2-3 people can discuss an issue at the same time with cellular. With two-way radio, any size group of people can be part of the same conversation
- The time it takes to recall a phone number, dial, allow the phone to ring awaiting an answer takes too long, especially when a problem needs to be resolved now, not in 2 minutes
All these needs can be accommodated by our Digi-Talk network to provide reliable on site communications within the special event and reliable wide area communications over Southern California. Often special event personnel would benefit from being able to take their radio home to facilitate communications with other personnel who are on the job working. This is easily accomplished with Diga-Talk while it could be difficult to impossible to accomplish with any other vendor.
Click here to view an interactive presentation on Communications Solutions for Arenas & Stadiums. There are many interactive features in the presentation by clicking on the arrows.
Try our Diga-Talk radios with the following great features:
- Loud and clear quality audio that can be heard under loud noise conditions with Kenwood’s noise reduction technology
- Quick access to your personnel – connection time is typically 1.0 second or less
- GPS tracking can tell you where your crew are located
- Eliminate the distraction and illegal use of cellular while driving
- The liability associated with a driver getting into an accident while using a cellular device can cost a company far in excess the cost of a two-way radio system
Remember the 3 rules of making money in real estate, Location, Location and Location. The 3 Cs of radio communications are Coverage, Coverage and more Coverage. Our customers demand coverage. Every special event has their own need for coverage which is never exactly the same as another special event. By providing more coverage in Southern California than any other radio company, we can provide solutions when the others can’t do it. By adding a network site within your district, we can provide the best of both worlds. Read more…
Schedule a Free Demo